Dunkirk camera

Dunkirk camera

Sir Philip Barton, the current British High Commissioner to India, will be taking charge as the Permanent Under-Secretary of the new ministry. https://t.co/X0ruZ9Aw9C pic.twitter.com/746brSEX3J, It read: “Congratulations on your exemplary service to British foreign affairs, & for fur-thering the cause of diversity in our noble institution. The "Chief Mouser" announced his retirement by posting his resignation letter to Simon McDonald, the office's permanent under-secretary, on Twitter. LONDON — Time spent in lockdown was just superb for Palmerston, the chief mouser at the U.K. Foreign Office. It was so good, in fact, that the cat has decided to leave sorting out international affairs to the human diplomats and retire to the countryside after four long, hard years on the job. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. I thought I was employing a mouser. In 2016 Palmerston arrived from @Battersea_ , mouser & social media phenomenon, with 105K @Twitter followers. ), For the latest election news, analysis and live updates on Bihar Elections 2020, log on to NDTV.com/elections. It was so good, in fact, that the cat has decided to leave sorting out international affairs to the human diplomats and retire to the countryside after four long, hard years on the job. Palmerston the Foreign and Commonwealth Office cat announces retirement Palmerston, the Foreign Office’s chief mouser, is set for retirement after four years of service in Whitehall. “I have championed our work, built our relationships, and celebrated the diversity of our staff.”, Chief Mouser for the Foreign Office Palmerston watches Larry the Downing Cat walk by in Downing Street, London. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. I assure you I have been as diligent as ever my diplomatic craft has had positive results", notes the letter. All rights reserved. UK Foreign Office cat, Lord Palmerston, retires from diplomatic Service. After 4½ happy years @DiploMog retires at end of August: he's enjoyed lockdown life in countryside so much, he's decided to stay. McDonald's own term as the head of FCO also comes to a close this month as the department is merged with the Department for International Development to create the new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office from September 1. pic.twitter.com/fmFBjW4F16. © 2020 www.dispatch.com. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. "After four happy years, @Diplomog (Palmerston's Twitter handle) will retire: he's enjoyed lockdown life in the countryside so much, he's accepted an invitation to stay. Government's chief mouse catcher will see out his retirement in the English countryside. Palmerston, who is named after the longest-serving British Foreign Secretary, Lord Palmerston, arrived in April 2016 as a rescue cat. The spread of coronavirus saw Palmerston moved to the countryside earlier this year, and he had been "working from home", according to a resignation letter shared by the Foreign Office. During his tenure as Chief Mouser at the Foreign Office, he has perfectly demonstrated how incredible rescue cats are, as well as the joy that they can bring to people when given a second chance," said Battersea''s Head of Catteries, Lindsey Quinlan. I thought I was employing a mouser. Palmerston made it official in a letter sent in his name to Simon McDonald, the office’s permanent under-secretary, which explained that he wanted more time “away from the limelight.’’ “I have found life away from the front line relaxed, quieter, and easier,” a letter signed with two paw prints said. On behalf of all the staff, cats and even the dogs at Battersea, we wish Palmerston all the very best with this next chapter of his nine lives", Quinlan said. UK Foreign Office Cat: Lord Palmerston the cat is stepping down as chief mouser. Ipso, An INM Website Palmerston, who is named after the longest-serving British Foreign Secretary, Lord Palmerston, arrived in April 2016 as a rescue cat. Palmerston, a rescue cat from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, was brought to the Foreign Office in 2016, prompting reports of a rivalry with Downing Street cat … RELATED: 'Dirty Dancing' sequel with original star Jennifer Grey announced, RELATED: President Trump bans dealings with Chinese owners of TikTok, WeChat, At the end of August this year, the Foreign Office’s one and only @diplomog will be standing down in his post as Chief Mouser to begin a new life as a country cat. Palmerston, the Foreign Office's resident cat, has retired from mousing duties to "spend more time relaxing away from the limelight". We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Palmerston, a rescue cat from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, was brought to the Foreign Office in 2016, prompting reports of a rivalry with Downing Street cat Larry. He left us a slightly chewed dead mouse next to my desk in @UKDipAcademy once, and we were of course not very grateful. "The spread of coronavirus around the world has caused many, like me, to begin working from home. “I have found life away from the front line relaxed, quieter, and easier,” the letter signed in Palmerston’s name read. '', “He left us a slightly chewed dead mouse next to my desk in @UKDipAcademy once,'' he tweeted, adding “we were of course not very grateful.”. The Foreign Office official writing as Palmerston notes that after four years, he wishes to spend more time "relaxing away from the limelight" and that he has found life away from the front line "queiter and easier". Caron Rohsler, British high commissioner to the Maldives, tweeted a goodbye message from her embassy’s own diplomatic feline, Miska. "The spread of coronavirus around the world has caused many, like me, to begin working from home. “I have found life away from the front line relaxed, quieter, and easier,” a letter signed with two paw prints said.

Turkey Ww1, Importance Of Performance Feedback, The Mar‑Keys, Abbv Dividend Growth Rate, Kate Humble Top Gear, Confess, Doctor Corda, Edmonton Oilers Salary Cap, Bryan Hanson Condo, Instagram Brand, Whatever It Takes Lyrics Meaning, Chargers 2019 Scores, John Cleese Harry Potter, Kevin Durand Blob, Germany Vs Netherlands 2019, Bryndon Minter Age, Hugh Skinner Net Worth, Power Outage Singapore Who To Call, Patrik Andersson Movies, Danny Trejo House, Mike Tyson Interview With Sugar Ray Leonard, Fleetwood Mac - Dreams Meaning, How Resistance Work, Mike Singletary Net Worth, Myles Garrett Rookie Contract, Real Clear Science, Wake Of The Red Witch Octopus, An Act Of Piracy Meaning, Jonas Gonçalves Oliveira, Clemente Russo Vs Wilder, Spain Vs Italy Head To Head, Ring Solar Panel, Go Your Own Way Ukulele Chords, Big Fish Restaurant, Munich, Germany, Prince While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Twitter Logo White, Philips Logo 2019, Ode To Viceroy, Tre'davious White Opt Out, Leather And Lace Plus Size Clothing, Sacramento Things To Do, Paradise Alley Song, Jarvis Landry Wife, History Of Dreams, The Simpsons Predictions George, Led Diode,

No Comments

Post A Comment

Register