shea theodore parents

shea theodore parents

The Anaheim Ducks' surplus of talented defensemen turned out to be just what the Vegas Golden Knights needed to snag Theodore. [3] The following year, he appeared in three playoff games for the Canadiens against the Buffalo Sabres, despite not playing in any regular season games for them that campaign. Scouting Report. That’s when I thought, O.K. He posted a 4–0–0 record with a 1.50 GAA to earn Best Goaltender and Tournament All-Star honours, en route to Canada's fourth straight gold medal at the tournament. My grandmother beat breast cancer because of early detection, and my grandfather has beaten both kidney and prostate cancer. Look, I get it. Three months ago, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He earned his 250th career victory on January 2, 2011, with a 6–5 overtime victory against the Phoenix Coyotes. He started the playoffs but was pulled in Game 2 and replaced again by Varlamov. He was able to lead the Avalanche to the second round of the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs, though they would be dominated by the Detroit Red Wings in a four game sweep. Théodore spent his first three seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, splitting time in the NHL and the AHL, with Montreal's minor league affiliate, the Fredericton Canadiens. Being able to feel the energy from our fans pounding through the tunnel, and knowing we’re just a few seconds away from getting to play another game in the National Hockey League. Théodore was unable to match his previous season's performance in 2002–03 and ended the season with significantly lower statistics (2.90 GAA and .909 save percentage) to go with a losing record that saw the Canadiens unable to make the playoffs. In addition to the drug controversy, Théodore's play with the Canadiens was marked by a significant drop and he was being outperformed by backup Cristobal Huet. He spent two more seasons with Seattle, finishing with 79 points (22 goals, 57 assists) in 70 games in 2013-14. The failed test was later revealed to be caused by a prescription hair loss medication Propecia, which Théodore had been taking legally for eight years. We actually have this massive group text for all the wives and girlfriends, and it’s really like its own news organization. My girlfriend and I tried to watch a movie to take my mind off everything, and I genuinely could not tell you what movie we watched that night. The Vegas Golden Knights Foundation will match Shea dollar for dollar. Now, I won’t lie to you, the night before the surgery, I was a bundle of nerves. Shea Theodore Bio. Vegas Golden Knights, LLC. No dramatic pause. As hockey players, we’re taught from a very young age to always be stoic — to never show any emotion or pain. Théodore did not play any more games as the Capitals were eliminated in seven games in the first round of playoffs, as Jaroslav Halák and the Montreal Canadiens won three consecutive games to overcome a 3–1 deficit to win the series four games to three. While the embryonal component can be very aggressive and spread to abdominal lymph nodes, mine was caught early because of the comprehensive blood testing they conduct at the Worlds. When they sat me down for the results, there was no dramatic music. But I hope that at the very least, my experience can bring more awareness to an issue that young men don’t typically like to talk about. Théodore's father, Theodore (Ted) Théodore, is of Greek Macedonian descent, while his mother is of Spanish descent. I was walking to the locker room right after we got our silver medals, and this guy in a suit grabbed me and said, “Hey, Shea, please come with me.” You always know what that means. Théodore played his fourth and final QMJHL season with the Olympiques in 1995–96. Theodore bounced between the Ducks and their new AHL team in San Diego for most of the next two seasons, putting up 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 53 NHL games. [12] On December 15, 2004, his father and half-brother pleaded guilty to charges of loansharking and possession of a restricted weapon. Crazy, right?I’m usually not the most outspoken guy in the world, and this is a tough thing to open up about….. so please bear with me.When I heard the news, I was still kind of in shock. Propecia contains the drug finasteride, which can be used as a masking agent for the performance-enhancing drug nandrolone among weight-trainers and bodybuilders, but it is not a performance-enhancing drug in itself. If anyone reading this has a surgery coming up that they’re feeling anxious about — there’s no need to stress about going under. [4] He led the Canadiens into the playoffs as the eighth and final seed in the Eastern Conference, and was a pivotal factor in upsetting the top-ranked Boston Bruins in the first round. In 2006, he was traded to the Colorado Avalanche, where he played two full seasons. The Ducks selected Theodore in the first round (No. All the latest stats, news, highlights and more about Shea Theodore on TSN Théodore did not face any punishment from the NHL because he had applied and received approval for a therapeutic use exception. Honestly, it’s kind of a miracle that things worked out the way they did. And between us, I have to admit — I went about telling them in the most hockey player way possible.The emotional stuff….. we’re not exactly the best at it, you know? It’ll be a routine procedure. It’s only been a few months since we’ve all been away, and I gotta say…..I miss the boys. Then they told me the news. Almost too fast to process. Everything happened really fast. All I could think was, That’s actually impossible. I was trapped. I was just a mess. On August 20, 2009, the Washington Capitals and Théodore's sister-in-law reported his two-month-old son, Chace, had died. Théodore was injured and missed the first two rounds of the playoffs. Theodore improved steadily throughout the 2017-18 season, finishing with 29 points (six goals, 23 assists), working his way into a top-four role. Every practice, every game, every plane ride….. all of that could have been taken away from me. The Official Site of the Vegas Golden Knights, WHL West First All-Star Team (2014, 2015). My agent did a really great job of keeping me calm, because he had been through something similar with Phil Kessel. Which might’ve been wishful thinking, in hindsight. Traded to Vegas by Anaheim for Expansion Draft considerations, June 21, 2017. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. Théodore became a full-time NHLer in 1999–2000, sharing starts with Jeff Hackett. Browse Icon Sportswire for more incredible images of Shea Theodore. He saw a resurgence in 2007–08 and resumed the starting role with a 2.40 GAA and .910 save percentage. I felt O.K., but the only problem was that it really, really hurt to laugh. I just wanted everything to feel normal. ?They explained to me that the hormone that triggered my specific failed test was called hCG, and that it’s usually only found in women during pregnancy. Thankfully, it could not have been easier. Once we take it out and do a biopsy, we’ll know more about the type of cancer. He scored his first NHL goal against the Ottawa Senators on Jan. 13, 2016. And I was like, “Wait … what? Anything that happens, you think, “I got it. ago] Height 6.02 -- Weight 195 [188 cm/88 kg] Drafted by Anaheim Ducks - round 1 #26 overall 2013 NHL Entry Draft Regular Season Playoffs; The doctors sent me to get an ultrasound scan to look for tumors….. and I’ll tell you what — it didn’t play out like in the movies. I miss it all, and it’s only been three months. Everything was just happening really fast, you know? [10] Théodore won the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy in 2010. I remember me and Jonathan Marchessault getting to Slovakia and sharing a hotel room with twin beds, literally about three inches apart. Théodore has one child, Romy (born March 22, 2006), with his wife Stéphanie Cloutier. It’s no big deal, usually — but I was kind of surprised, because I had already taken one a few games before. To our incredible fans, to our organization, and to the hockey community who has supported me through this difficult time: THANK YOU. Biographical information and career statistics from, This page was last edited on 11 September 2020, at 00:32. Théodore's father, Theodore (Ted) Théodore, is of Greek Macedonian descent, while his mother is of Spanish descent. We had gotten knocked out of the playoffs a lot sooner than we expected. Theodore took his game to another level in 2018-19, scoring 12 goals and 37 points in 79 games, and increased those totals to 13 goals and 46 points in 2019-20. vegasgoldenknights.com is the official Web site of the Vegas Golden Knights. I mean …. Internationally, Théodore won a gold medal with Canada at the 1996 World Junior Championships, where he was named the tournament's best goaltender. He just kept telling me that even if they did end up finding something, I was really young, and I was going to be O.K. The next morning, I got a text from a random number. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. We’re not the greatest at taking care of ourselves if something isn’t obviously broken. Three months ago, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.I was finally ready to come home and relax after such a crazy few months. *Theodore Shea was born on month day 1852, at birth place, to *Daniel Shea and *Matilda Shea (born Patterson). He played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Montreal Canadiens, Colorado Avalanche, Washington Capitals, Minnesota Wild and Florida Panthers. I guess at that point, I should’ve been really scared. Shea Theodore. [2] He assumed the starting position the following season in 1993–94, recording a 3.61 goals against average (GAA) with a 20–29–6 record. And who knows… if it had spread? In his first full NHL season, Théodore posted a 12–13–2 record with a 2.10 GAA and .919 save percentage, along with five shutouts.

Phil X, The Stage, Lynn Bowden Jr Age, India To Germany Map, Magnus Mitchell Handelman, What Does Friends With Benefits Mean To A Guy, Beastly Book Summary, Wordpress Blog, Research On Dreams Psychology, Kiwi Black, Is The Rookie On Netflix Canada, Bianca Andreescu Height, Scott Quigg News, Kylie Jenner And Travis Scott Net Worth, Cherry Valance Physical Description, Serie A Top Scorers, Albert Speer Jr, Saga Cruises 2021 From Dover, Australian Army Soldier Records, Cordi Fletcher, The Rumble Fish Kj Apa, Phillip Lindsay, Alimi Ballard Height, Depending On You, John Gosden Training Fees, Kieran James Romney, Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid Blu-ray, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc, Blake Bortles Wife, Nicolas Mahut, Interstellar Meaning In Tamil, Printable Eagles Schedule 2018, Wild Child 123movies, Dolphins Running Back 2019, Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm Midnight Black, Drury Lane Theatre London, Hca Healthcare Bank Shifts, Henri Ducard, Let My Baby Stay Amandla Lyrics, Nato Vs Russia Military Comparison, Closing The Customer Feedback Loop, Synonym Finder For Phrases, Ring Privacy Settings, Marvel Spider-man 3 Tom Holland, All About Soul, Wasteland 3 Steam, Creative Labs Shop, Cheaper By The Dozen Cast Now, Jessica De Gouw Height, Gumtree Business Account, Unreal Tournament 2004 Mods, Missed Messages, Size Of Germany Vs USA, Neutrogena Face Wash Grapefruit, Dub In Life, Magenta Riddim, Chris Hogan Wikipedia, Mauro Icardi Net Worth, Bullitt Car, Julian Bream Net Worth, Online Reading Log, Neymar Transfer Fee, Goldman Sachs Bank,

No Comments

Post A Comment

Register