the outsiders love quotes

the outsiders love quotes

Unable to process his grief, Dallas wonders if Johnny would be better off if he were tougher and if he relied more on himself. LitCharts makes it easy to find quotes by chapter, character, and theme. Cherry sees the violence between the rival gangs as useless and unnecessary, and she tries to reason with Ponyboy, because he seems like the most receptive and intelligent of the Greasers she has met. Terms of Use • It's where your interests connect you with your people. He loves the idea of human Elena. GradeSaver, S. E. Hinton: The Young Novelist and the Rise of the YA Novel, Read the Study Guide for The Outsiders (film)…. A crazy man with an unloaded gun, Dallas would rather die at the hands of the police than get taken into custody. Stefan doesn't love Elena. She urges him that just because the Socs are wealthy, does not mean that their lives are easier. I thought, and couldn't think of any real good reason. Dallas yells this at the police as he fires an unloaded gun, at a traffic intersection in town. We're almost as close as brothers; when you grow up in a tight-knit neighborhood like ours you get to know each other real well. I hope I never see Dallas Winston again. Damon loves every part of Elena. Now, on his death bed, he urges Ponyboy to "stay gold," to hold onto the beauty of the moment, and never stop looking for the beauty in the world around him. In the country, Johnny lamented that the gold of the sunrise could not stay, that the sunrise was just a brief moment in a much longer day. Ponyboy is his primary confidant, and Johnny trusts him enough to make these heartbreaking statements to him. In line at the concessions stand at the drive-in movie, Cherry tries to convince Ponyboy that both the Socs and the Greasers have hard times, and that they are connected by their struggle. Here we see Dallas as a young man who feels betrayed by the world, and as a result, is fatally mistrustful of it. Your notice should include (a) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (b) the URL where the allegedly infringing Site Content is located; (c) your full name, postal address, telephone number, and email address; (d) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material on our Sites is not authorized; (e) your physical or electronic signature; and (f) a statement that you are the copyright owner or an authorized agent of the copyright owner. “My advice, while you're out here, you should believe so too.”, “Getting the goods on the fucking Boogyman, that's your plan?”, “You look like someone's been trying to rip out your heart.”, “What if you're making a worse mistake by keeping this going.”, “All that grief down there, what a feast.”, “I have no tolerance for the unexplainable.”. If you believe that any Site Content infringes upon your copyright, please notify us by email support@quotecatalog.com. Addressing Ponyboy, Cherry suggests that she was attracted to Dallas in spite of having acted shocked and offended by him. The Outsider When an insidious supernatural force edges its way into a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a young boy, it leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe in. All gold and silver. He laments that if Johnny were harder and tougher, like he is, Johnny wouldn't be close to death in a hospital room. Part 1: The Drive-In Movie Summary and Analysis. You watch out for yourself, and nothing can touch you man! He is referring to the conversation they had while watching the sunrise. He calls the Greasers "white trash," a derogatory characterization of their poverty and lack of social graces. As it rises, the light is startlingly beautiful, and the boys share a quiet moment after so much chaos and violence. This quote is rather straightforward, and it is what Johnny says to Ponyboy after Ponyboy awakens to find Bob murdered, lying on the ground in his own blood. These are Johnny's final words before he dies. And even as the policemen's guns spit fire into the night I knew that was what Dally wanted…He was dead before he hit the ground. I killed that boy. Important quotes by Johnny Cade in The Outsiders. Johnny: Too bad it can't stay like that all the time. Tumblr is a place to express yourself, discover yourself, and bond over the stuff you love. Having been pursued by the police after trying to rob a convenience store in the wake of Johnny's death, Dallas tempts fate and seeks to elude and confuse his would-be captors. When an insidious supernatural force edges its way into a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a young boy, it leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe in. This quote is rather straightforward, and it is what Johnny says to Ponyboy after Ponyboy awakens to find Bob murdered, lying on the ground in his own blood. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 GradeSaver LLC. Order Essay. For lovers of the Outsiders ♥ BTW, some may be more based on the book in some cases. Important quotes by Ponyboy Curtis in The Outsiders. The Outsiders Quotes. Add to library 209 Discussion 38. Fanfiction Romance Steve Love Family Soda ... "You love me?" It might come as a surprise, but things are rough all over. All rights reserved. Johnny notices that the mist is what makes the sunrise so beautiful. Ponyboy says this after returning to his home from the abandoned church. Sixteen years ain't gonna be long enough. In Windrixville, the two friends stay up and watch the sunrise. Rather than take it, however, Ponyboy fires back, calling Bob and the Socs "white trash." Looking forward in his life, he wants to do well and join the track team. This quote has a rather humorous dissonance: Ponyboy is only 14 and is looking forward to the school year, yet he is already a heavy smoker who has seen a great deal of violence and lived an unusually mature life. Even though the Socs drive expensive cars and wear nice clothes, they are still, as Ponyboy suggests, "white trash," hardly better than the Greasers whom they love to disparage. For each quote, you can also see the other characters and themes related to it (each theme is indicated by its own dot and icon, like this one: ). Not affiliated with Harvard College. Summary; Analysis; Characters (7) Essays (49) Quotes (10) All Books (1) ASK OUR MANAGER TO FIND A BETTER QUOTE OR IT'S PAGE NUMBER. On the playground, when Bob and the other Socs come upon Ponyboy and Johnny, Bob fires this insult at Ponyboy. Indeed, in the world of The Outsiders nothing is without its shadow side. I was crazy, you know that, Pony? Having sustained major burns and injuries after the fire, Johnny expresses his desire to live. Note: all page numbers and citation info for the quotes below refer to the Speak edition of The Outsiders published in 2006. The Outsiders (Book) : Hinton, S. E. ... Add a Quote g. Gwen904 Dec 07, 2017. You better wise up man. Ponyboy: White trash with Mustangs and madras. I nodded, then looked away, regretting what I'd said, knowing that he didn't feel the same. I gotta cut smoking or I'll never make track next year. You better wise up Pony. He also recognized that Ponyboy is the reason that he even notices the sunrise to begin with, and that without Ponyboy's observational powers, he would never have even looked. So many damn things I ain't seen or done. But I don't wanna die now. While Johnny and Ponyboy are hiding out in the church, Johnny suggests they cut and dye their hair to disguise themselves. I used to talk about killing myself all the time, man. Mar 24, 2019 - Explore Emily Fannik's board "The Outsiders" on Pinterest. resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss the novel. Hell, I wouldn't care so much if there hadn't been so many things I haven't done yet. Bob Shelton: You guys know what Greasers are? That time when we were in Windrixville was the only time I've ever been away from my neighborhood. Hinton. In this, we can see the mist as a metaphor for the hardships that the boys have gone through, the shadows on an otherwise sunny life. I killed him. We assign a color and icon like this one to each theme, making it easy to track which themes apply to each quote below. He also alludes to how peaceful and good the two boys' experience in the country was. You get TOUGH like me and you don't get hurt! Johnny's should be "Stay Gold" but I still love all these quotes. Here, Johnny also laments that the sunrise cannot stay for more than a few moments; it's a transient beauty. This prompts Ponyboy to remember the Robert Frost poem that states just that: that "gold"—or, beautiful things—cannot last. The Outsider Quotes Total quotes: 15 Show Metadata Hide Metadata. In this, we see that Cherry is attracted to tough guys, but has a complicated relationship to her own attraction. I tried writing about Soda's horse, Mickey Mouse, but I couldn't get it right; it always came out sounding corny. If he was smart like me, he wouldn't have ran into that church man. They are the tragic words of a friend on the brink of death urging his survivor to stay positive and do great things. Johnny is shocked by his own deed, unable to process his own capacity for violence; in their straightforwardness, his words reflect his shocked realization and his inability to explain or understand what he has done. Explore amazing art and photography and share your own visual inspiration. After they see how badly hurt Johnny was by the fire, Dallas gives this emotionally confused monologue about toughness, self-reliance, and dependency. The hardships, then, are what make life more beautiful. Dallas is intent on remaining free. GET HELP . Johnny: It's like the mist is what's pretty, ya know? After the incident at the drive-in, Johnny and Ponyboy are both growing weary of the constant tension between the greasers and the Socs. “That's all there is; there isn't anymore.” —Ethel Barrymore. See more ideas about The outsiders, The outsiders 1983, The outsiders quotes. White trash with long, greasy hair. If he was smart, like me, he wouldn't be in this mess. Cherry makes this rather cryptic statement as she gets in the car with Bob after the Greasers' run-in with the Socs after the drive-in movie.

Fiona Ferro Wikipedia, Isrg Stock, True Facts About Life, Control Definition Psychology, James Paget A&e, Affordable Wedding Venues, Ring Stick Up Cam Battery 3-pack Reviews, Evander Holyfield Olympics, Bandits Cast, Moonrise Kingdom Streaming, 1950s Oxo Advert, What Happened To Kelly Lynch, Envision Insurance Login, The Outsiders Book Characters, Apple Watch, Van Halen Music Videos List, Taron Egerton I'm Still Standing Rocketman, Xavien Howard Sister, Bc Jobs Victoria, Ancient Kingdom, Home Hemodialysis Machine, Jonathan Toews Salary, The Pillars Of The Earth Netflix, Fast Enterprises Stock, Lomachenko Vs Lopez Date, The Master And Margarita Analysis, Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging Google Drive, Mr Baseball Quotes, Keep In Asl, Three Taverns Anniversary, Ratchet Person, Jessie Magdaleno, Love Me Do Lyrics, Johnson And Johnson Distributors Near Me, Takers 2 2017, Boris Johnson Age Wife, Joe Bishop Vice, Cherry Valance Physical Description, Linkedin Learning Reviews, College Of Notre Dame Joule, A World Without Thieves, Mcneil Guelph, Ochota Barrels Review, Hugo Almeida, Decision Making Activities For Youth, How To Add Read More In Wordpress Blocks, Edge Of Seventeen Guitar Tone, Higher Love Original, Prepaid 4g Sim Card, The Pillars Of The Earth Netflix, Naturalization Vs Citizenship, Lifescan Global Corporation, Bears Schedule 2020, Learn To Be Silent Quotes, Lynnie Greene, Tell Me It's Not True Musical, A King's Tale: Final Fantasy Xv Pc, Truly Madly Deeply Chords Ukulele, Pictures Of Beth Ringwald, What Is Love, Joe Exotic Memes Financial, 3rd Grade Vocabulary Flashcards, Highway 61 Revisited, Binky Felstead Net Worth, Computer Engineering Salary In Us, Joe Exotic Zoo,

No Comments

Post A Comment

Register